If you live in American Falls, you may have noticed something a little strange about your water this morning.
We spoke to Mayor Marc Beitia and he told us what residents smelled was actually a trace amount of chlorine, not bleach.
It was thanks to a precautionary measure taken before installing new waterlines during the downtown project. They used only .025 parts per million to help clean these new pipes, rather than the 2 parts per million that is typically seen with this type of process because it was strictly precautionary.
The process will go on for about 7 to 10 days, but the water is safe to drink and the bleach-like smell shouldn't hang around for too much longer.