Cigarette Ignites Truck Fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 2/07/2013 2:39 pm
Investigators say a cigarette may be to blame for starting a fire that completely destroyed a truck.

Lt. Paul Manning says the driver was smoking when he dropped his cigarette which ignited a roll of paper towels on the floor.

Pocatello fire crews quickly rushed to the scene of the fire around 11:00 a.m. on North 5th Avenue.

Firefighters quickly doused the flames but not before the fire completely destroyed the truck.

Crews did call for EMS to come check on the condition of the driver though he appeared to be okay.  He was taken to Portneuf Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Traffic was diverted off of North 5th Avenue as fire crews investigate what sparked the blaze and clean up the damage.
Share
1 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

loqueid - 2/7/2013 10:12 PM
0 Votes
Here is a video I shot of the fire before it was extinguished. This was just after two men pulled the driver away from the truck. https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=158652860950788&saved
All content © Copyright 2013 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.