KPVI More Recipes - That's a Lot of Crock
Matt & Libby talk with local author Brenda Stanley about her latest recipe book, "That's a Lot of Crock."Brenda will have a cookbook signing this Saturday, May 25 at Town and Country Gardens in Pocatello from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM.
You can find Brenda's cookbook on Amazon.com.
Here is a recipe from Brenda's book:
Spicy Asian Beef Shortribs
• 3-4 pounds beef short ribs
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 cup carrots cut into 1 inch chunks
• ½ head of cabbage, cut into quarters
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• ¼ cup green onions, coarsely chopped
• Trim excess fat from ribs and place in the slow cooker. Mix together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and red pepper.
• Pour over ribs in slow cooker. Place carrots and cabbage on top. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Transfer the cabbage, short ribs, and carrots to plate and cover with foil. Skim the fat from the cooking liquid and discard. Turn the slow cooker to high. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with ¼ cup of water until smooth. Whisk into the cooking liquid and cook until thickened. Spoon the sauce over the short ribs and vegetables and sprinkle with the green onions.