Privacy Notice and User Guidelines
Updated as of September 16, 2010
• Non-Account Activity. You are free to explore information on the kpvi.com, read stories and watch videos without having an Account.
• Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities like posting comments and submitting stories or photos require you to have an account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. An account allows you to access many of the site's services that require registration.
• Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use the site, groups, and favorites, the contacts you communicate with and the information you display or click on. If you are logged in, we might associate that information with your account.
• Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. We reserve the right to use any content you upload or contribute on the site or on any broadcast or Web entity owned by Sunbelt Communications Company or Sunbelt Digital Media.
• If you submit personally identifiable information to us in your account registration, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of KPVI.com, as well as provide special personalized features to you.
• Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you contribute content through the site, and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any content that you submit to the sites can be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and might be viewed by the general public.
• We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major site changes or for customer service purposes).
• We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
• You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the sites, in which case you can still view stories, pictures and information, and explore the site.
• You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
What to do
Become an informed member of your community
Use the information on the site to learn about what is happening in your community.
Share your opinions
We encourage free speech. Use the site to let others know how you feel, share your unique experiences and thoughts. Be sure that as you share those opinions that you are respectful of others' rights to do so as well.
Comment on others' postings
Enhance your experience and that of the rest of the user community by sharing your thoughts on content that others have posted.
Keep it Clean
You can make your point without using four letter words, threats, nudity, inappropriate and unnecessary violence. If you are unable to keep your submissions clean, editors will remove your post.
Upload Content that belongs to you
Respect the copyright of others. Make sure all photos, videos, audio and text you submit belong to you.
What not to do
We want this site to be a useful tool for Idaho residents. In order to accomplish that, we've set up some guidelines for your posts. Editors will look at all submissions following the posting. If your posts do not follow our guidelines, we have the right not to display them on the Web site. If you notice a post you believe is inappropriate or have a question about why your post was rejected for publication please contact the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't upload anything that doesn't belong to you
Respect copyright. Only upload stories, photos or videos that you made or that you have obtained the rights to use. This means don't upload content you didn't make, or use content that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without their permission. Read Copyright section for more information.
Don't contribute inappropriate material
This site is not for pornography, sexually explicit content, four letter words, threats, or attacks, content that is racially, ethnically or religiously offensive, content that impersonates anyone or is off-topic or spam. Material of this nature will not be approved for posting on this site.
Don't vent your frustrations or write unnecessarily long posts
This site is not a venue for your to impersonate, abuse or harass others. This site is also not the place to post your novel. Keep your posts to a reasonable length. If we find you are using your account to do so, it will be terminated.
Don't use KPVI.com for commercial purposes
This site is for your own personal use. If we find you selling products or services on this site without our permission we will terminate your account.
What the Administrators do:
A Moderator will review all new submissions following their appearance on the Web site. A moderator will also review anything that users have flagged as inappropriate.
Reject or take down submissions that:
Accuse others of a crime without supporting evidence
Are spam and repetitive posts
Show indecent photos or videos with nudity or irrelevant violence
Falsely impersonate others
Are found to violate a copyright
Profane or Indecent Language