Motel 6 Fire Idaho Falls

Photo Courtesy: Idaho Falls Police Department

Emergency crews responded to a fire at the Motel 6 on West Broadway Wednesday morning.

Idaho Falls police were first on the scene and found a pile of bath towels that were on fire in one of the rooms. An officer picked up the towels, took them to the bathroom, and extinguished the fire in the bathtub.

The occupant of the room, 44-year-old Richard Miller, was arrested for First Degree Arson, Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance, and Misdemeanor Possession of a Controlled Substance.

Nearby rooms were evacuated due to the smoke, there were no injuries.

0
0
0
1
1

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.