Privacy Notice and User Guidelines
Updated as of April 30, 2018
We gather two types of information about our Site's users:
(1) Non-personally identifiable information.
When visitors use our Site, we gather information indicating, among other things:
• What pages were visited, the order in which pages were visited, average time spent per page, and reactions to content on page.
• Which hyperlinks are selected.
• Words and phrases searched on the Site.
• The device type, operating system, and browser software used to access the Site.
Collecting this information involves logging IP addresses. A user’s ISP and geographic location of the point of connectivity can be determined from the IP address.
We use this information to improve the quality and design of our Site. It is used to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- Store information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site.
- Provide custom personalized or interest-based content, advertising, and information.
- Monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as those listed above.
- Track your entries, submissions, and status in promotions, sweepstakes, contests, and user submitted events.
- In addition to our own cookies, we may also allow various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the service and deliver targeted advertisements and content on and through the service.
We use the third-party ad network Google DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), to serve ads on KPVI.com that are scheduled as Run of Site and to fill available ad positions. Third party advertising companies may use some of the same information and methods of collection listed above, as well as information collected from other websites you have visited to deliver advertisements of goods and services that may be of interest to you. We encourage you to periodically review these third-party advertising company’s privacy policies to ensure continuing familiarity with the most current version. To review Google’s Advertising Privacy & Terms please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.
In addition to Google DFP, we use Google Analytics to view aggregate metrics, and YouTube to upload videos to our Site. To review Google services Privacy & Terms please visit: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/partner-sites/.
(2) Personally identifiable information.
In certain areas of our Site you may be required to provide personally identifiable information. This type of information may include:
• Contact information such as name, address, phone, and e-mail.
• Age and other user demographics
• Credit card information.
Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you contribute content through the Site, and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any content that you submit to the Site can be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and might be viewed by the general public.
Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, event postings, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. We reserve the right to use any content you upload or contribute on the Site or on any broadcast or Site entity owned by KPVI - Idaho Broadcast Partners, LLC, its corporate licensee, affiliated companies, parent corporations and subsidiary companies.
If you submit personally identifiable information to us, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of KPVI.com, as well as provide special personalized features to you. We also use this information to contact you in regards to your inquiries, entries, submissions, status in promotions, sweepstakes, and contests. We do not share any sensitive personal information that could identify you with advertisers or clients.
• You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the sites, in which case you can still view stories, pictures and information, and explore the areas of the Site that do not require this information. Please review our Terms of Service page.
• In addition to controlling what cookies and other tracking methods you accept or decline via the settings or preferences of your web browsers and mobile devices, you can learn more about not having your information used to receive targeted advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiate (NAI) consumer website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options/.
• You may also choose to opt out of Interest-Based and Cross-App Advertising from NAI and DAA participating companies by visiting the following opt-out pages.
NAI opt out: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/
DDA opt out: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2#!/
APP opt out: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices
• You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
We want this Site to be a useful tool for our visitors. In order to accomplish that, we've set up some guidelines for your posts. Editors will look at all submissions following the posting. If your posts do not follow our guidelines, we have the right not to display them on the Site. If you notice a post you believe is inappropriate or have a question about why your post was rejected for publication please contact us by clicking here.
What to do:
Become an informed member of your community.
Use the information on the Site to learn about what is happening in your community.
Share your opinions and interests.
We encourage free speech. Use the Site to let others know how you feel, share your unique experiences and thoughts. Be sure that as you share those opinions that you are respectful of others' rights to do so as well.
Comment on others' postings.
Enhance your experience and that of the rest of the user community by sharing your thoughts on content that others have posted.
Keep it Clean:
• You can make your point without using four letter words, threats, nudity, inappropriate, and unnecessary violence. If you are unable to keep your submissions clean, editors will remove your post.
Upload Content that belongs to you.
What not to do:
This Site is not for pornography, sexually explicit content, four letter words, threats or attacks, content that is racially, ethnically or religiously offensive, content that impersonates anyone or is off-topic or spam. Material of this nature will not be approved for posting on this Site.
Don't upload anything that doesn't belong to you.
Don't contribute inappropriate material.
Don't vent your frustrations or write unnecessarily long posts.
This Site is not a venue for you to impersonate, abuse, or harass others.
This Site is also not the place to post your novel. Keep your posts to a reasonable length. If we find you are using your account to do so, it will be terminated.
Don't use KPVI.com for commercial purposes.
This Site is for your own personal use. If we find you selling products or services on this site without our permission we will terminate your account.
What the Administrators do:
A Moderator will review all new submissions following their appearance on the Site. A moderator will also review anything that users have flagged as inappropriate.
Reject or take down submissions that:
• Accuse others of a crime without supporting evidence.
• Are spam and repetitive posts.
• Are advertisements.
• Show indecent photos or videos with nudity or irrelevant violence.
• Falsely impersonate others.
• Are found to violate a copyright.
Edit out Profane or Indecent Language.